[RE-wrenches] TL inverter with long DC Feeder

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Oct 7 19:52:46 PDT 2014

Dave:

Several reasons to locate the inverts at the residence:

1.    The Vmp at high temperature is 322 volts  Moving electrons at 322
volts is preferable to moving them at 240 volts.

2.    I'd rather pull 8 #8s than 2 3/0s plus whatever neutral and ground
required.

3.    I'd have to argue with the AHJ to get the neutral downsized or
eliminated.

4.    I'd prefer the inverters at the residence because they will be easier
to monitor and service.

5.    I have a mounting structure at the residence.

Although it would be nice to have utility power at the array, we have
inverters in our service vehicles.

William

Gradient Cap_mini
Lic 773985