[RE-wrenches] TL inverter with long DC Feeder

Michael Kelly mike.kelly at solectria.com
Tue Oct 7 11:03:32 PDT 2014

Hi William,

The 5200TL has two independent MPPT zones, each with two string inputs (essentially a two string combiner on each MPPT zone). The 'combiners' can't be bypassed at the moment, and the max fuse size that is allowed is 20A. Sorry, but fuses greater than 20A are not allowed; they would violate our compliance to our product listing.

Also, please be aware that the MPPT zones can't be configured to act as a single zone. Any one zone will input limit at 70% of the inverter's nameplate output, and the two zones together will limit when the inverter's AC output is reached. So, for the 5200TL, one zone is allowed to have a max input of 3640W, while the other zone will have the balance to achieve 5200W on the output side. In other words, in your example of only two strings, don't put both of your strings on one MPPT zone, because you will limit that MPPT zone and your output will only be around 3.6kW.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if I am not understanding your example correctly.

Best,
Mike