[RE-wrenches] TL inverter with long DC Feeder

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Tue Oct 7 08:03:08 PDT 2014

William,

We have bumped into similar dilemmas when needing remote DC disconnects
with TL inverters. I believe the Solectria you are using has two MPPTs?
Ideally, you would keep each string separate to benefit from the dual
trackers – this would mean four DC disconnects if you went with a standard
product like a Square D HU361RB. If you combine each of the two strings out
at the array(s) then you could get away with two disconnects, one for each
inverter. Neither option is ideal.

Best,

August

Luminalt