[RE-wrenches] TL inverter with long DC Feeder

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Mon Oct 6 20:47:00 PDT 2014

William,

        Just about a week ago I asked Greg Smith at SMA to confirm that it would be appropriate to use THWN-2 in the buried PVC conduit for the DC run from a pole mount array with it's DC disco to the SMA DC disco below their inverter......Just to be sure you're not thinking you have to use PV wire all the way back to the DC disco at the inverter.  He confirmed that THWN-2 used for the run from the array disco was AOK.

        We have been using Midnight discos with touch-safe fuses and clear signage to not disconnect under load.....authorized solar bozos only.

Bill