[RE-wrenches] Monitor Display

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Thu Oct 2 07:45:01 PDT 2014

Hey folks,

        On a similar note.....I've been installing SMA since the SWR's and it seems even a little sunlight on the display window over time will cloud it up, making some even unreadable.  I've tried polishing with very little luck and replacing it is a b.......  I called SMA and they don't have a solution (not the tech I talked with).

        I'm actually more concerned about my new installs with the nice display on the TLs.  I've built ventilated shade boxes when the inverter sees some direct sunlight, but a nice one takes some time to build and its wood and we know what wood does in time.

        Has anybody tried a UV film of some kind, like a cling-on film or something similar.  Or found some sort of an eyebrow that can be glued above the display window.

Thanks,

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric