[RE-wrenches] Modules over vents

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Sep 24 10:37:54 PDT 2014

I agree with Kurt: you need a licensed plumber in your area to advise
you, if you're trying to keep the AHJs happy .
2nd,  I'm very sure you don't want an exhaust/ combustion type vent
under the array.  I've had several over the years, and seen some arrays
installed over them.  They can get fairly hot and put quite a bit of
steam out.  I would not trust the module backing material to a
concentrated long term dose; which module is going to have a problem first?

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician