[RE-wrenches] Conduit supports on sloped composite shingle roofs

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Mon Sep 22 16:49:49 PDT 2014

Hi Chris,

There are a few common methods to run conduit along the roof surface.

1.       Blocks made of Trex or another similar wood substitute with
conduit fastened with 1-hole straps. Trex is typically only glued to the
roof with roofing sealant (no penetrations)

2.       A more professional support such as the Chem Link KnuckleHead:
http://www.chemlink.com/index.php/chemlink-products/knuckleheads or Erico
Caddy: http://www.erico.com/public/library/Fixing/LT1058.pdf  - there are
other manufacturers as well

3.       Quickmount classic conduit comp mount:
http://www.quickmountpv.com/downloads/datasheet/QMPV-datasheet-QMCC-Conduit-web.pdf

For residential projects we typically use Trex. For commercial projects we
typically use the Erico Caddy. If the roof is really steep and the blocks
won’t stay put then we use the Quickmount product.

For getting through the roof we typically use a standard pipe flashing or a
SolaDeck.

Best,

August

Luminalt