[RE-wrenches] wood gasification to grid

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Sun Sep 21 10:22:58 PDT 2014

i saw a commercial unit doing this here in mountshasta about 12 years ago.

the gas (from gasified wood) was fed into a ford engine, which turned a dc generator charging a small "buffer bank" of batteries. a standard trace sw4024 did the selling to the grid. the grid interface was the easy part. getting the engine to consistently run off of the gasified wood chips was what nixed the demonstration project. moisture variations and dirt in the chips was the biggest problem.

todd

On Sunday, September 21, 2014 2:08am, "RE Ellison" <reellison at gmail.com> said:

> The inverter portion of the process at this point in time would be
> relatively east to do. That's not saying that the inverter will like the
> power quality. Most generators will not put out smooth enough power to allow
> an inverter to connect. The engines that I have seen running on wood gas
> were nowhere near smooth enough to meet an inverters interconnect standards.
>

> After all that you get to deal with the regulatory hoops and I doubt that
> would be easy.
>
> Just some thoughts.
> Bob Ellison

Sent from Finest Planet WebMail.