[RE-wrenches] Decking only flashed attachment?

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Tue Sep 16 05:32:01 PDT 2014

We've used the Eco-Fasten base plates on a variety of flat roofs including
rolled asphaltic and TPO with appropriate flashings based on the roof type.
We've attached in a variety of ways including metal roofs and direct to
wood decking, but plywood, not OSB. And, we've done this with up to 160 mph
ultimate design wind speed (ASCE 7-10). Because of the number of fasteners
per attachment point, even OSB should provide enough pull-out strength to
meet your engineering requirements.

http://www.ecofastensolar.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=10

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar