[RE-wrenches] Rapid shutdown questions

Will White William.White at rgsenergy.com
Wed Aug 27 06:47:29 PDT 2014

Our experience in MA with rapid shutdown unfortunately varies with AHJ.  Some are letting us put an Eaton NEMA 4 disconnect on the roof next to the array.  Some are letting us put a disconnect in an accessible attic within 5’ of the penetration.  Some are requiring the Midnight Birdhouse remote switch which is expensive.

Rapid shutdown doesn’t apply to pole or ground mounts.

Hope this helps.

Will

Will White
Operations Manager - New England
RGS Energy

64 Main St. |Montpelier, VT 05602
tel 802.223.7804 | mobile 802.234.3167 | fax 802.223.8980

RGSEnergy.com<http://www.rgsenergy.com/> | william.white at rgsenergy.com<mailto:william.white at rgsenergy.com>

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. RGS Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.