[RE-wrenches] Mate 3 web interface

Matt Partymiller matt at solar-energy-solutions.com
Sat Aug 2 09:09:52 PDT 2014

Kirk,

My understanding is that Outback is just rolling out new software:
http://www.opticsre.com/

I have asked them for training on the product but am not sure of the
release date.

Our current systems with Mate3 and monitoring have the Mate wired to the
customer network and we have otherwise followed Outback instructions to
push display data onto a webpage that is accessible remotely.  No special
equipment was required though it did require some IT expertise that
Outback tech support provided.  Knowledge of Dynamic DNS was required and
Outback steered me through that process.  You may want to call them before
trying to setup the Mate3.

Matt

On Sat, August 2, 2014 8:06 am, Kirk Herander wrote:
> I want to set up a mate 3 for web monitoring. The Outback site is lacking
> in clarity of this procedure. Can anyone fill me in on any special
> software or hardware required, etc.? Thanks.
>

> Kirk Herander
>

> VT Solar, LLC
>

> Proven PV provider since 1991
>

> www.vermontsolarnow.com