[RE-wrenches] 2v metal cased cells

Chris Schaefer chris at solarandwindfx.com
Sat Jul 12 11:17:35 PDT 2014

I too am a big fan of Surrette and what I’d be worried about is the sweating and/or moisture that would build up on the steel @ high humidity’s or high dew points.

Christopher

From: RE-wrenches [mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of jay peltz
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2014 09:13
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] 2v metal cased cells

Hi all

Yes good points.

However I have good reason to believe that the dual plastic case batteries ( rolls or Trojan) act like good insulation.

I'm working on some designs for the deep tropics and heat build up is a huge problem.

Whether I use fans, water, or AC Units, I think that individual steel cased cells will have greater surface area and cool faster than other batteries.

But maybe others have different ideas?

Jay