[RE-wrenches] 2v metal cased cells

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Sat Jul 12 09:30:59 PDT 2014

Jay,
  A couple of things.
  There is a source for the Surrette/Rolls as 2 volt cells in a single
poly enclosure as opposed to the  double, four volt cells. Contact me
off list.
  We have been using these cells for more than 13 years in the  Caribbean
with great results. We do use ventilated battery boxes and do try as
much as possible to recess them at least partially into the ground
(usually limestone, but can be air hammered out)and as much as possible
on the north wall of the building.

Daryl
Penobscot Solar Design
207 326 -0779