[RE-wrenches] Sunny Island retrofit

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Thu Jul 3 23:09:09 PDT 2014

Yes it is. But since you have to install inverters based on the
manufacturer’s requirements, SMA’s instructions trump MidNite’s, IMHO.

Since MidNite and SMA worked jointly together to develop those E-Panels, I
can only assume that either it’s an oversight on both of their parts, or
that SMA is being very conservative on the switch rating in their
installation manual and “Technical Description”, where that line I quoted
is repeated. This wouldn’t surprise me, but if so SMA needs to issue a
correction.

Maybe boB at MidNite or Steve from SMA will pipe in with some info…

Brian Teitelbaum

AEE Solar