[RE-wrenches] Combining Multiple Inverters

Corey Shalanski cshalanski at joule-energy.com
Thu Jun 26 15:11:17 PDT 2014

ᐧ
Perhaps I should've been more specific with my scenario. I was imagining a
supply side connection, as this would more commonly be the case when
combining multiple inverters. In this case it seems like the provisions of
705.12(D) for load side conections don't even apply, no? Rather 705.12(A)
becomes the relevant section, and I see very few restrictions there.

Even with a load side connection I would tend to agree with Jason's
interpretation: Does the "source interconnection" in 705.12(D)(1) refer to
each individual inverter, or can it refer to an aggregated "source"?

I am interested in pursuing this idea, mainly to understand how/where the
NEC forbids it. In lieu of a clear Code reference against it, how is this
any different from a branch circuit (in reverse)? ie, as with
microinverters.

--
Corey Shalanski
Joule Energy