[RE-wrenches] AC Coupling Relays

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Mon Jun 16 08:11:40 PDT 2014

Since grid-tie inverters sell back with a power factor of 1, the load
~should~ be entirely resistive and
not inductive or capacitive so a appropriately rated relay contacts
~should~ be fine.

Except maybe if the inverter is designed to supply VARs like the last
Solar-Pro magazine talks about.
(haven't actually read that article yet but I assume that's what it is
about)

Of course, others may have different experiences so I would listen to them.

I prefer to use a somewhat over-rated relay.

boB