[RE-wrenches] Lightning Damage - Need Replacements (Correction)

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Mon Jun 16 07:44:58 PDT 2014

Hi Dan,

You mentioned that “his grounds didn't work”. Actually, they worked, just in an undesirable way. One thing to look at is how or whether the house ground system was bonded to the tower ground. If they were not properly bonded, and with poor soil condition, the potential difference between the two grounds could create very high voltages. The voltage path would be the turbine wiring to find the house ground, traveling through any AC connected items to do so.

I would like to hear more about this as it’s a personal subject of study for me.

Larry Crutcher