[RE-wrenches] Lumos LSX250 modules

Corey Shalanski cshalanski at joule-energy.com
Fri Jun 13 12:42:21 PDT 2014

Chris,

We have done a few Lumos projects down here in the Gulf South, where snow
removal is not an issue. Please see attached for an example rooftop
installation - these modules definitely end up looking pretty "slick".
ᐧ

I would echo August's comment about the rail alignment. The module mounting
holes allow for a bit of wiggle room, enough to square up any off-kilter
modules but not enough to make up for misaligned/non-parallel rails. I
would also highly recommend the slotted rails (don't know if the
non-slotted rails are even still an option).

As you pointed out wire management is simplified with their rails. Wires
running perpendicular to the rails can be accommodated by removing one or
more of the rubber bumpers to create a gap between the module and rail. We
have also used suction cups to assist in lifting these modules to the roof
- at 60 pounds apiece they are noticeably heavier that most of other
modules we deal with.

--
Corey Shalanski
Joule Energy