[RE-wrenches] Module Degradation - voltage or current?

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 11:00:43 PDT 2014

Bill and all,

Dana asked for good conservative data for long-term performance. This is not
necessarily what you would use when you are trying to make yourself look as
good as possible for a financier.

The real question is, where did this data come from confirming lower losses?
It takes about 7-10 years of data to establish a degradation rate. The newer
data is based on an NREL study that was released several years ago. This
means that the study was based on modules manufactured in the U.S., Japan,
and Germany with very few Chinese or other Asian origins. The numbers may
have improved-or they could be worse.

Ultimately, if you do not have long term data on any module (which you
clearly don't) any assumption about voltage or current degradation is a
guess at best.

Figures lie and liars figure.  Cynicism in this area is a positive character
trait.

Bill.