[RE-wrenches] Cleaning Paint Off Modules

Louis Woofenden louis at woofenden.net
Wed Jun 4 10:31:33 PDT 2014

Hi Wrenches,

We have an existing customer who just had their house repainted, and the
painter oversprayed significantly on a row of modules. I haven't run
into this particular problem before, and am at a bit of a loss about
what to recommend to our customer for cleaning up this mess.

Anyone have recommendations of cleaning products or techniques to use
that won't damage the AR coatings or anything else on the module, yet
will remove paint? Or for that matter, what to avoid?

Thanks,

Louis Woofenden

Net Zero Solar
Tucson, AZ