[RE-wrenches] "PV Wire" without the outer jacket--no worries?

Brian Mehalic brian at solarenergy.org
Thu May 15 18:56:57 PDT 2014

From UL:

"Both PV wire and USE-2 wire use thermoset insulation and jacket typically made of XLPE or EPCV. Nevertheless, other thermoset materials such as CP over EP, CP over EPCV, SBR/IIR/NR and EP are also available. PV wire may also be constructed similar to Type UF but using an additional 15 mils more of 90ºC wet and dry rated integral PVC insulation and jacket."

Brian