[RE-wrenches] Solar Edge Experience?

Erika Weliczko Erika at RepowerSolutions.com
Mon May 5 15:00:46 PDT 2014

No trunk cable is bonus. Working with regular PV cable is easier on stocking materials.
Safe working voltage is real bonus and makes testing during installation reasonable.

Strings over 12 is bonus. Sometimes, 16, 18+ makes sense physically. Now it can make sense electrically. With different solar exposures.

Still needing to use metal conduit inside is sometimes a hassle, but MC cable makes it doable.

No way to test communication with optimizer until DC voltage is applied. This means if you have a DOA optimizer that reads correct voltage, you are removing modules to get to an optimizer. That is a drag. Support is pretty good.

The new 7kw inverter matched to 40a OCP to max out residential 200A panel backfed breaker sounds good.

Erika Weliczko
REpower Solutions
cell: 216.402.4458