[RE-wrenches] AC coupling with Fronius

Bill Hennessy bill at berkssolar.com
Mon Apr 21 07:23:02 PDT 2014

Hi Mac--
We've installed four Magnum 4048-Fronius AC coupled systems, ranging from the older Fronius IG through the later Fronius IG Plus with arc fault. One system had three Magnums, another two Magnums and two were single Magnums. We had a small glitch on the two Magnum system on one occasion that we haven't yet figured out and we don't yet have enough info to make a pronouncement. The grid dropped out on a cold, partly cloudy, sunny day with winds quickly moving the clouds past the modules. The Fronius IG Plus would not switch to the second stage after the clouds passed and the sun came out. We weren't there at the time and conditions are hard to replicate. Magnum tells us it's a Fronius issue and we are hoping to work with someone at Fronius to learn more.

Bill Hennessy
Berks Solar, LLC