[RE-wrenches] Flashing vs Sealant... again (is sealant code defensible?)

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Mon Apr 14 18:15:15 PDT 2014

Ray, Your logic is similar to mine. Around here, there are lots of corten and galvanized corrugated roofs that are attached with screws with rubber washers. L-feet are definitely way-better sealed than that.

I looked up the IRC, The Flashing section R903.2 is pretty vague., could be interpreted any way you want. However R903.1 General does say to follow the roofing manufacturers instructions.