[RE-wrenches] NEC 2014 110.21(B)(1) ANSI question

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 06:48:14 PDT 2014

Aha! It appears that NEC2014 did resolve the discrepancies with IFC 2012
that were in NEC 2011, no trumping with the AHJ needed.

I think I'm interpreting correctly that the only situations where NEC
requires white on red, reflective, is DC source circuits on or inside a
building (631.(G)(3), systems equipped with rapid shutdown, and
 stand-alone systems  690.56(C).  (The typo in that one is what threw me
for a loop, the marking reference is incorrect)

Everything else seems fall under 110.21(B).

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342