[RE-wrenches] NEC 2014 110.21(B)(1) ANSI question

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 05:38:32 PDT 2014

Esteemed Wrenches;

I'm finding references online to 110.21(B)(1) requiring field applied
hazard labels to comply with ANSI Z535.4-2011, but my NEC2014 book only
refers to ANSI in an informational note for "guidelines" and I'm not seeing
it in the errata.
Does this mean ANSI-style labels (orange "warning" at top, black on white
text below) are allowed but not required now? These also conflict with IFC
2012 605.11.1 in a few cases.

Which trumps which, NEC2014 or IFC2012 as far as labels go?

Thanks in advance.

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342