[RE-wrenches] Huge battery bank recommendation

william at millersolar.com william at millersolar.com
Tue Mar 11 08:34:34 PDT 2014

Mac:

One option is steel tray batteries.  Manufacturers include MK/Deka and
Hawker.  We are accepting delivery of 6 of the 1800 a/h Hawkers Friday.
They are 2600 pounds each.   We move them with a special narrow pallet jack.
Here’s some photos:

http://www.millersolar.com/public_html/MillerSolar/Portfolio/Commercial/Cal_
Trans/_cal_trans_gorda.html

The bank shown is VRLA and were a poor choice for the application.  They
failed in 8 years.  They will be replaced by FLA batteries with a watering
system.  We will leave the watering system turned off so we can inspect each
cell for consumption before watering.

Good luck,

William