[RE-wrenches] 208 V 240 in residential applications

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Sun Feb 9 13:46:22 PST 2014

It depends on the appliance. Some pure resistance heating units will work
okay but with a lower thermal output.  Other appliances will work if there
are internal jumpers that can be reset for 208V operation or terminal blocks
that can be  rewired for 208V. This is especially true for appliances that
have an internal transformer. Other appliances just won’t work at all.

Peter T. Parrish, California Solar Engineering
Ph. (323) 839-6108, Fax. (323) 258-8827