[RE-wrenches] SnapNrack

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Feb 5 13:32:44 PST 2014

You tell 'em, Ray!

I'm having an off-list conversation with another Wrench about IronRidge's
new IGS system - and supply issues that left us with tons of rail and no
module mid-clamps. What a disaster.

While many have moved away from Unirac, we just moved back. Although they
have had supply/distribution problems over the years, they've been overall
reliable and stable, even after being acquired. On the other hand, don't
get me started about their lack of an ASCE 7-10 compliant installation
manual for a long time after it was required here.

I really didn't intent to blast any particular manufacturer, but looking at
the big picture I have to consider with whom I'm getting into bed. These
acquisitions are worrisome in that respect.

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar