[RE-wrenches] Wrong title on my inquiry ... Charge Controller Question!

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Apr 22 13:39:37 PDT 2014

Hi Karl,

On their main page they claim charging "...with little or no electrolyte gassing." Gassing is a function of charge voltage. If you are charging deep cycle batteries properly, you will be gassing. After reading through the brochure, I'm not very impressed. Do yourself a favor and listen to what Ray said. Stick with proven, mainstream CC manufacturers. The fact that it is not an MPPT controller is a major drawback in any system over a few hundred Watts.

Please share with us the operating and customization functions that you are looking for?

Thank you,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems