[RE-wrenches] Moving batteries

Tump tump at swnl.net
Wed Mar 19 18:05:22 PDT 2014

Ahh the joys of steel contained batteries. Are the interconnects welded? If you "own" them then you can move them. If I am going on the road w/ any battery, proper placarding is the norm but I ALWAYS cover them. Sometimes I use a tarp other times I use a "used" lumber (say for a stack of 2"x10"x 20's) tarp. these tarps come on a load/pallet of lumber. The lumber company usually throws them away.
U haul trailer,  flat bed or sometimes you can get your friendly scrap/junk dealer to transport them on their tilting car transport for the old batteries. $.025-.35/Lb can usually add up quickly.