[RE-wrenches] AC Combiner with main breaker as system disconnect

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Wed Mar 12 14:32:02 PDT 2014

One big omission, in the otherwise fine Soligent white paper, is that the 60A minimum disconnect has to be rated as "Service Equipment". Generally this means a "Heavy-Duty" safety switch or Service-rated load center with Main breaker.

I don't see why an AC breaker panel, with a Main breaker, couldn't act as the PV system disconnect, as long as it's Service-rated, a minimum of 60A, and the utility does not require an external-handle disconnect, lockable in the off position. Many utility companies still do.

Brian Teitelbaum
AEE Solar