[RE-wrenches] Midnite solar Charge controllers

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Feb 17 20:31:11 PST 2014

Volatile memory was a pet peeve of mine with the Trace SW inverters.  I
quit even trying to program them, because they would always end up
getting reset anyway.  However, I've tested this feature on the Midnite
Classics and I could not get them to drop programming.  I used the
computer app, set all sorts of stuff like fan relay start parameters and
then powered down after. It worked everytime I powered it back up.  Of
course I can't guarantee this, because weird things like lightning and
time have a mind of their own, but I was encouraged before I sent this
out the door for another installer to take over.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician