[RE-wrenches] Solaredge inverters w/ backup generator

Jerry Shafer jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:21:11 PST 2014

I have done systems in Hawaii, here is one with a 30 k PV system and with a
250k Cummins back up genny. We have a contactor in the ATS that will open
if the genny is operating, this in turn sends a door open signal to the
Satcon shutting it down I don't want anything effecting the genset
operation so with the open created in the ATS it tricks the inverter to
shut off safely. We as a policy will not run a genset and PV unless as a AC
coupling system and you have some active over voltage like freq and voltage
triggers.
Jerry