[RE-wrenches] morning star ts-mppt-60-600

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.com
Wed Feb 12 15:58:28 PST 2014

On 02/12/2014 05:52 PM, Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems wrote:
> OK, so you need a PC, an internet connection, a router, download and install software, network PC to router, plug in CC, connect PC to the controller, then you can change parameters. Got it…..still say hassle.

I can tell you have made up your mind about them. But to work with the
facts:
a) you don't need an internet connection.
b) you don't need a router.
c) you don't need a network PC to router.

You do need:
a) an ethernet cable that you plug into your laptop and into the TS-MPPT-60.
b) the MSView software from their website. One software for their whole
product line. It is natively windows software, however it runs just fine
under Wine on my Linux computers and I suspect the Macintosh has
something similar.

There is no part of the Morningstar product line that requires, or even
uses the Internet.

--
-James Jefferson Jarvis
APRS World, LLC