[RE-wrenches] Solar Carport on a Parking Ramp

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Wed Feb 5 19:03:39 PST 2014

Hi Karl,

Besides working with a PE, you may need to Xray the concrete to determine a connection detail that won't compromise any reinforcing steel in the concrete.

The SPG Solar case study in this article may be relevant:

http://bit.ly/1e4LCKd

(The link to the case study is next to the photo, under the text "Inside this Article." It is the Kern County Administration Building case study.)

We also profiled a Solar Service project on a parking garage in Illinois that may be relevant:

http://bit.ly/1gabDd4

David Brearley
Senior Technical Editor, SolarPro magazine
david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Direct: 541.261.6545