[RE-wrenches] CA Fire code

SunHarvest eric at harvesthesun.com
Fri Jan 10 11:45:49 PST 2014

We met with the Nevada County AHJ and the local CalFire Chief yesterday to discuss details about the new Title 24 regs. So far, their official policy on PV mod fire rating is this:

"Modules shall be tested, listed, and identified with the fire classification based on the specific type of building construction. (See CBC Table 1505.1 for specific classification requirements)."

Basically, we can install Class C rated modules on buildings of Type 2B, 3B, and 5B construction. Anything else requires a Class A or B module. That's the latest word from Nevada County.

Special thanks to Lars et al. at Cal Solar for keeping the rest of us up here in the Gold Country in socks and groceries. Flowers are on their way.

Eric Stikes
SunHarvest
001.530.798.3738 (Cell)