[RE-wrenches] Deka AGMs

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Mon Jan 6 15:17:59 PST 2014

Hi August,

I have many of these batteries in service. They are generally very good batteries but they must be charged properly. Which goes for any battery, really, but these are not as easily recovered from under-charge. At 12 years old I would expect they are approaching end of service, so good to let the client plan for that.

The most common issue we find is a cell or two that is not taking full charge. To remedy that a 2V / 50A charger is connected to that cell to bring it up in balance with rest of the bank.

If you want I can email you the factory testing process and inspection sheets directly.

Kevin Pegg
EA Energy Alternatives Ltd.
37471 Hwy 16 E
Telkwa, BC  V0J 2X2