[RE-wrenches] 12VDC LED lighting for Edison E26 socket

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:44:52 PDT 2014

Esteemed Wrenches;
Anyone have any recommendations for 12 volt DC, 3 - 12 watt Edison E26-27
screw base (standard light bulb socket) LED lights? I'm seeing Phocos
available and I trust them, but amazon and Ebay are a cesspool of bad
Chinese stuff that falls apart on opening the box, and fries if DC voltage
gets low, like my 12VDC China CFL experience 10 years ago---50% failure
rate for customers, and bought 2 cases of them.
Is anything reliable, long lasting and sturdy available?
Thanks in advance for any inputs and insights!

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342