[RE-wrenches] Wood gas

Hilton Dier hiltondier at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:57:20 PDT 2014

If you are going to do something in the 50kW range you might consider using an induction motor as a generator. I think that's what someone was recommending vis a vis hydro.

I am a partner in a small hydro plant and this style of interconnection is almost foolproof. You need a simple PLC to bring the rpms up to rated motor speed, then connect, then push the rpms higher to push current. Hydro controls would work without much modification. You need it to disconnect under a variety of fault conditions - that's sensors and software.

Hilton Dier III
Renewable Energy Design
Solar Gain, LLC
Missisquoi River Hydro LLC