[RE-wrenches] Enphase AC coupled through autotransformer

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Sep 18 14:46:23 PDT 2014

Hello Wrenches,

Has anyone AC coupled an Enphase system to a 120 VAC inverter through
an autotransformer?

I'm wiring up a small Enphase system now to an Outback GVFX3524. I
had a concern about the derived neutral possibly causing a ground
reference problem for the Enphase. It seems that the derived neutral
should connect to the system neutral through the Outback and create
the right ground reference.

Has anyone tried AC coupling Enphase to Outback (or other 120 VAC
inverter) through an autotransformer?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin