[RE-wrenches] ground-mounted systems, performance

Rebecca Lundberg rebecca.lundberg at powerfullygreen.com
Sun Aug 10 10:54:35 PDT 2014

Hi Jesse,

I'm curious about what you are seeing. We've seen better performance than
that on arrays with those modules, but don't have module-level monitoring
available on any of our systems. Does it look like there is a bipass diode
failure with the shattered modules (probably covered under warranty), or
was there something like lightning near your ground-mounted system? We have
a customer whose home received a direct lightning strike recently (no fire
or human injury!), and 100% of the PV system needs to be replaced (except
flashing/racking), unfortunately.

I thought the delamination issues were only (or mostly) generation 2
modules and only in our state, but wonder if any installers in other places
(WA?) are seeing this too?

Keep Shining!
Rebecca Lundberg
Powerfully Green