[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches Digest, Vol 7, Issue 245

Corey Shalanski cshalanski at joule-energy.com
Thu Jun 26 13:18:23 PDT 2014

We considered the necessity to shut down individual inverters and
determined that the added costs of an inverter output combiner panel were
not merited. I agree that in theory it seems beneficial to be able to
switch each inverter individually, but how often does this occur in
practice? For the relatively infrequent cases where we need to return to a
jobsite and shut down an inverter - for troubleshooting/removal/etc. - we
do not mind shutting down the other inverters (up to a limit) for what is
hopefully a short period of time.

Again, this whole line of reasoning may be shown to be faulty if someone
can directly point to the Code section that requires OCPD on each
individual inverter.

--
Corey
ᐧ