[RE-wrenches] Batteries in a dwelling

william at millersolar.com william at millersolar.com
Fri Apr 4 10:28:36 PDT 2014

Friends:

I am proposing installation of vented batteries in a first floor garage of a
dwelling.  The dwelling areas are on the second floor.  I am nervous about
the cohabitation of batteries and humans.

I reviewed the NEC and could not find any prohibition.  Do any of you have
any advice on how this is accomplished in the mot safe manor?

I presume good ventilation and an otherwise sealed room are advised.  I will
propose additional smoke detectors, locked doors and I will research
hydrogen detectors.  A good spill kit and all PPE will be staged as usual.

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming, always expert advice.

William Miller