[RE-wrenches] MPPT80-600 schenider Re: morning star ts-mppt-60-600

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Thu Feb 13 09:51:09 PST 2014

We installed our first XW-MPPT80-600 controller this fall. Very straightforward to install, connect to Xanbus, device discovered, bit of programming for battery settings and done. Note if not being installed on an existing Xanbus enabled system, you will need either the SCP Control Panel, USB computer interface, or the new ComBox to program it. The unit is physically large - make sure lots of room provided.

This particular install the client had picked out a "great" spot for his new tracker. In a small clearing in middle of a forest! I simply refused to install it there. The customer is not always right. A great location was found about 500' away and thus the MPPT80-600 was an ideal controller.

I'd like to get more field experience with these units to see if they stand up. First impressions, very good.

Kevin