[RE-wrenches] IBE Battery Flags

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Jan 6 14:20:41 PST 2014

Friends:

We replaced a set of 24 IBE batteries recently.  The original set had all
batteries with captive cables (and one flag) except one, which had two
flags.  This made it easy to connect the leads from the BOS:  there was a
flag on the positive and negative ends.

The new set had all batteries with cables.  Is there a standard for this?

Also, the flags had all 5/16” holes but when we untapped the lugs on the
cables, the holes were ¼”.  We are very used to using 5/16” SS bolts and
that is what we had in stock.  I am not comfortable using ¼” battery bolts.
Is there a standard for battery bolts?

Thanks in advance.

William

cid:679355323 at 23072013-1054