[RE-wrenches] Any experience with Power-One AFCI inverters

Jeff Irish jeff at hudsonsolar.com
Tue Dec 3 10:55:44 PST 2013

Yes it's real and they are apparently working on a fix.  As we were told, the problem only occurs when there are two or more paralleled inverters, and only with the small 3 to 5 kW units.  I believe they interfere with each other.  I'm not sure if it occurs all the time or only in some instances.  Our state is not requiring AFCI yet so we are requesting non-AFCI units from Power-One for the time being.

Jeff Irish
Hudson Solar