[RE-wrenches] Low slope membrane roof attachment

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Tue Nov 26 09:21:20 PST 2013

Carl,

In my experience, roofers in our area insist that a manufacturer approved
flashing be used on posts, and for the popular Firestone TPO that means an
8" flashing on small diameter posts. Some roofers have been known to
fabricate custom flashings that are lower, but I'm not sure how that
affects warranty. I've seen others with the boot squashed down, but that
pools up water in the boot.

http://www.firestonebpe.com/en/roofing/ultraply-tpo/products/ultraply-tpo-accessories/flashings

Jason Szumlanski