[RE-wrenches] Hidden freight damage

RE Ellison reellison at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 16:41:58 PST 2013

Just have to pile on the stack, for lack of a better term.

I have had panels come in that had 6 panels shattered in the center of the
stack, something (like a fork) had touched them and shifted them so they
shattered from the weight on the glass.

I now pick them up at the dock and go thru the entire stack, then put on
corners made from 1x6"

boards and ratchet strap them together so they cannot shift.

They are not as expensive as they were 20 years ago or so, but the glass and
the profit is thinner on a panel these days, not to mention the frames.

It takes some time but is faster than fighting with the shipping companies
if I find it later after delivery!

I also once had a gas fridge come in with a fork lift hole in the center of
the side of the fridge!

How do you miss by that much?

Later,

Bob Ellison