[RE-wrenches] question about pole mount interconnection

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 20:33:37 PDT 2013

Ron....we do a lot of pole mount installations and we always run down each
pole and up the next....schedule 80 pvc conduit and a junction box at the
top.  It is solid, and should last as long as the array---at least 25+
years....obviously to do this right the conduit should be installed prior
to the concrete as it then comes up vertically right along the
pole.....definitely takes a bit longer to set up but you can be assured
that it is going to last for the long haul....additionally if you are ever
going to have the arrays adjustable on the top of pole mounts it will be
tricky to adjust if the cabling is in free air spanning from one sub array
to the next.....as each array will be dependent on the positioning of the
other....
Good luck....

Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa